This week we ( Columbia Association of Pre-dental Students) spoke with Dr. Rachel Klein. Dr. Klein is a “traveling dentist” who sees geriatric patients in their homes and nursing facilities.
Topics covered over the Webinar include:
- Why Dr. Klein decided to pursue dentistry
- How did you get started in Geriatric dentistry?
- Why do you like in-home dentistry?
- Challenges you have to overcome in Geriatric House Call Dentistry?
- What is unique about the way you treat geriatric patients?
- How do you comfort geriatric patients who may have dementia?
- Have you seen a rise in Teledentistry?
- What is the most difficult part of your job?
- Dr. Klein’s interest in Art and extracurricular activities that tie into her professional experience.
- Dr. Klein’s advice for students who are entering the professional dental world.